What is the 30% Club?
Founded by Baroness Helena Morrissey in November 2010 and globally led by Ann Cairns from Mastercard, the 30% Club is a campaign group of CEOs and Chairs taking action to increase gender diversity at board levels.
The Club aims to improve organizational culture and inclusion by developing a diverse pool of talent for all businesses through the efforts of their CEO and Chair members. It supports voluntary diversity targets aimed at realizing meaningful, sustainable change (i.e. does not support mandatory quotas).
Why 30% matters?
30% is the relevant point at which it is said that “a large minority can make a difference, even if it is still a minority”.
As per Rosabeth M. Kanter (1), critical mass is the theory that women and racial or ethnic minorities are unlikely to have an impact in the boardroom until they grow from a few tokens into a considerable minority of the board.
1) Rosabeth Moss Kanter holds the Ernest L. Arbuckle Professorship at Harvard Business School, specializing in strategy, innovation, and leadership for change
At least 30% representation of all women on all boards and C-suites globally.
How will we achieve it? These are our three strategic pillars…
Activate Chairs & CEOs as members
to drive change
Enable future women leaders
The global campaign seeks to encourage organizations to treat diversity like any other business objective and asks members to commit to:
Measure their baseline
Setting a 30% aspirational target of female participation at board level
Driving progress towards that target
Benefits for Joining
- International Platform where diverse teams, universities, members, organizations collaborate in six continents and building up lessons learned
- It gives a Visibility under a standardized goal to achieve a minimum of 30% female participation in different positions
- Access to Global Forums for understanding different points of view and forging relationships. (ie: Women’s Forum, UN Global Compact, UN Women)
- Offers a strong Network of highly
alented professionals across different backgrounds, cultures, positions
- Provides Learning Programs to establish cross functional mentoring and sponsorship schemes.
- Offers Online Platforms for publishing best practices and updated information to promote diversity
30% Club Mexico Chapter cross-company mentoring program, closing hybrid event.
Tuesday 15th february,18:00 (CDT)